TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Travelers can expect to see low gas prices during this Thanksgiving holiday, according to AAA.
As of November 20, the national gas price average is $2.61. Mississippi's average is $2.36. Alabama’s average is $2.35.
In fact, Mississippi and Alabama are categorized among the least expensive markets.
"The nearly 49 million Americans hitting the road for Thanksgiving will find pump prices similar to last year,” said Jeanette Casselano, AAA spokesperson. “When it comes time to fill-up during the trip, motorists should keep in mind that gas stations along highly traveled routes may find prices more expensive than in-town.”
AAA shows gas prices start to increase the further west you head, such as Utah, Nevada and California.
- Travelers expected to see lower gas prices this Thanksgiving
- Memorial Day gas prices remain stubbornly high
- MSU kicks off #MoorValue to lower stadium concession prices
- High demand expected to boost Christmas tree prices
- TSA: Thanksgiving air travel to be busiest ever
- AAA predicts most Thanksgiving travelers in 13 years
- Two big storms could snarl Thanksgiving travel next week
- A record number of fliers expected around Thanksgiving, TSA says
- State flags lowered to honor Barbara Bush
- Judge lowers bond for Itawamba murder suspect