STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Current state transportation commissioner Mike Tagert is the new CEO of the Greater Starkville Development Partnership (GSDP).
Tagert decided to not seek re-election.
Tagert has also been named the associate director for Corporate and Economic Partnerships within Mississippi State University’s Office of Research and Economic Development, the university announced Friday morning.
He has served in the Northern District of Mississippi as the transportation commissioner for eight years.
When the Starkville job opened, Tagert said he jumped at the opportunity to serve the community.
He will start his new roles on Jan. 7, 2020.
The GSDP works to promote business growth, job creation and tourism in Starkville and Oktibbeha County.
The Partnership is comprised of the Starkville Area Chamber of Commerce, Oktibbeha County Economic Development Authority, the Starkville Convention and Visitor Bureau and the Starkville Main Street Association.
- Transportation Commissioner Mike Tagert named CEO of GSDP, also joins MSU
- State Transportation Commissioner Mike Tagert not running for re-election
- GSDP voices mission of equality following pride parade denial
- State Rep. Gipson named Mississippi agriculture commissioner
- Prather named interim CEO for Starkville Partnership
- Alcorn State president named new Commissioner of Higher Ed.
- New CEO of UMMC Grenada and Holmes County named
- OCH Regional Medical names Jackson new admin/CEO
- MSU women's basketball named top seed in Kansas City Region
- MSU names Chris Lemonis as head baseball coach