MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Emergency responders in Monroe County were called to a train-truck crash west of Greenwood Springs Friday night.
They found the train. They found the truck. However, they couldn't find the driver of the truck.
Train stopped after hitting truck (Craig Ford)
The accident happened sometime before 10:30 p.m. on Jonesboro Road a little more than a half mile from Highway 278.
It appears the pickup, which had an Alabama license plate, had been abandoned on the tracks.
Sheriff's deputies searched the area around the smashed truck but found no sign of anyone who may have been driving it.
- Train smashes into truck apparently abandoned in Monroe County
- Monroe County inmates take anger management training
- Monroe County man injured in Alabama train collision
- Monroe County to host storm spotter training program
- Grain bin simulator, rescue training hosted in Monroe County
- Fire destroys Monroe County home
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Child shot in Monroe County
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Report: Amtrak train collides with tanker truck in Yazoo County