DUBBERLY, La. (AP) - Louisiana State Police say a 52-year-old Mississippi woman was killed when a train hit her SUV, which was stopped on the tracks.
Trooper Brent Hardy says in a news release Monday that nobody on the train was hurt in the crash near Dubberly in Webster Parish.
The dead woman is identified as Brenda Dills of Moss Point, Mississippi.
Hardy says she was not wearing a seat belt when the crash happened Sunday and was thrown from her 2018 Chrysler SUV.
- Train hits SUV on Louisiana tracks; Mississippi woman killed
- Tellis indicted in Louisiana killing after 2 Mississippi trials
- Tornado touches down in Mississippi, Louisiana
- Engaged Louisiana corporal dies in Mississippi crash
- Possible tornadoes strike parts of Mississippi, Louisiana
- Pedestrian hit, killed by train in Mendenhall
- Bulldogs rout Louisiana 56-10
- 3 from Mississippi plead guilty in Louisiana man's death
- Prosecutor mulls Louisiana trial as Mississippi jury hangs
- Fitzgerald throws 4 TDs, Mississippi State beats Louisiana Tech 45-3