Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE at 10:34 p.m. - Barnes Crossing Rd. is now open. Cross Creek Dr. remains closed. A spokesperson for the city of Tupelo says it is not known when Cross Creek Dr. will reopen.
Original story below.
TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Traffic is being rerouted near the edge of the Barnes Crossing District near Cracker Barrel.
Firefighters are on the scene on Barnes Crossing Road just past the restaurant.
Tupelo Fire Chief Thomas Walker says this is a gas leak. Crews are working to repair it now.
This is a developing story. This article will be updated when more information becomes available.
- UPDATE: Barnes Crossing Road in Tupelo reopened after gas leak
- Veterans Boulevard reopens after gas leak in east Tupelo
- Road reopened as crew works on Saltillo gas leak
- MDOT plans to improve Barnes Crossing Road in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Highway reopened in Smithville after gas leak
- UPDATE: Milford Street now open after gas leak in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Endville Road reopens
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens
- Crews called to natural gas leak in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Gas line repaired in Tupelo