NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - Union County officers have recovered 10 stolen tractors and have made several arrests.
The Union County Sheriff's Department and New Albany police just made their fifth arrest for this string of tractor thefts.
The names of the accused thieves are Michael Young, Charles Snipes, Blake Roberts, Jack Rowen and Lee Goolsby, all of Union County.
The stolen tractors are worth approximately $500,000.
Law enforcement say the tractors have been picked up sporadically through tips and investigation. However, officers did not confirm if these thefts are related. But they did say the suspects knew each other in some way or form.
It's also likely the suspects knew someone with an 18-wheeler in order to transport these tractors. Some were stolen from Texas, Arkansas and other parts of Mississippi.
Law enforcement believe there could be more tractors out there. If you have any information on these thefts, you're asked to call the Union County Sheriff's Department.
- 10 stolen tractors recovered in Union County
- Union County deputies recover suspicious ATV
- Arrest made for tractor, trailer were stolen in Prentiss County
- Booneville Police: Stolen SUV recovered, suspect arrested
- Lee County collision seriously injures tractor driver
- UPDATE: Items recovered from stolen truck, search for suspect continues
- Stolen Picasso painting worth $28 million recovered after 20 years
- Noxubee County stolen truck recovered in Winston County, suspect remains at-large
- Man indicted in tractor thefts
- Alcorn County man wanted in Prentiss County for tractor theft