PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - Toyota is sponsoring a new after-school program called Hope After School.
Wednesday they announced their big partnership and donated 50,000 dollars to the program.
The mission is to help young teens and give them something to do after school, to help them stay out of trouble.
"We want to help these kids succeed. By doing that we keep them busy from doing other things after school that they should probably not be doing. Too much free time is not always a good thing," Dr. Denies Morrison, Director of Hope After School said.
Teens in the area, from 13 to 18 years old can join.
They will meet with mentors and counselors to help them study and learn more about drug and alcohol safety. The program will be after school from 3 to 6 p.m., every day.
- Toyota donates to new program to help teens in Pontotoc
- EMCC selected for Toyota pilot program
- Toyota workers donate toys, money to Salvation Army
- Toyota makes big donation to Salvation Army Angel Tree
- Toyota donation to fuel EMCC students' hands-on training
- Pontotoc School Storm Shelter
- Lifesavers program helps teen girls
- Pontotoc teen wins national championship in turkey calling
- Toyota unveils newest Corolla model
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home