UNION COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Toyota Mississippi has announced it will create 400 new jobs as part of a $170 million investment to build the next generation of Corollas.
On Thursday, the company held a groundbreaking ceremony at the Blue Springs plant for its new visitor and training center. During the ceremony, the big announcement was made.
"We will be able to respond quicker and be more flexible in order to meet market demands down the road," said Toyota Mississippi President Sean Suggs. "I'm very proud of our team members and the partnerships we have developed across the state."
This investment directly supports Toyota's plan to invest $10 billion in its U.S. facilities during the next five years.
The investment will include the complete replacement of the current production lines.
Stay tuned to WTVA 9 News throughout the day for complete coverage.
- Toyota Mississippi creating 400 jobs at Blue Springs plant
- Toyota expected to make big announcement at Blue Springs plant
- Toyota names Sean Suggs as new president of Blue Springs plant
- 1 millionth Corolla rolls off assembly line at Toyota plant in Blue Springs
- Corelle Brands opening facility in Marshall County, creating 400 jobs
- Toyota, CREATE partnership to help local students
- Parker Hannifin expanding, creating 50 jobs in Holly Springs
- Auto Parts Manufacturing Mississippi increases production, creating 50 jobs
- New Amazon center to create 500 jobs in north Mississippi
- Illinois out of running for Toyota/Mazda plant