WEBSTER COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Tomnolen Fire Chief Joe Huffman was hospitalized after suffering two heart attacks Tuesday.
The Walthall Fire Department posted on its Facebook page stating Huffman was working an accident on Highway 82 in Webster County when he collapsed on the scene.
The post explains Huffman was airlifted to the North Mississippi Medical Center. Once there, he began having another heart attack and then rushed to the operating room.
According to the post, Huffman is on a vent and in critical care.
As of Wednesday morning, a spokesperson for the North Mississippi Medical Center says Huffman remains in critical care.
- Volunteer fire chief hospitalized following heart attack
- Volunteer fire chief charged with embezzlement
- Musician Mac McAnally recovering from heart attack
- Federal Judge Mike Mills recovering from heart attack
- Pittsboro fire chief passes away
- Woodland Fire Chief passes away
- Palmetto volunteer firefighters improve fire rating
- Starkville hosts Winter Fire Chiefs Conference
- 13 Carroll Academy students injured after school bus driver has heart attack
- Man sues Hawaii, saying the false missile alert caused his heart attack