IUKA, Miss. (WTVA) - A teen has died following a one-vehicle car accident, according to Tishomingo County Coroner Mack Wilemon.
Andrew Dakota Balius, 14, was driving his grandmother's car to drop it off at her house which is a half mile away from his home, Wilemon said.
A young licensed family friend was going to follow Balius and bring him back, but before that person could follow, Balius had driven away.
Wilemon said when the family friend found Balius, the car had left the road and hit a tree. He added Balius lost control because the road was narrow and slick.
This accident happened near the Goat Island boat ramp around 8:30 Friday morning.
Balius was rushed to the North Mississippi Medical Center in Iuka, but later died from his injuries around 1 p.m., Wilemon said.
He was a student at Burnsville Middle School.
- Tishomingo teen killed in car accident
- UPDATE: Missing Belmont teen found in Tishomingo
- Coroner: 1 killed in Tishomingo County fire
- Pedestrian hit, killed on Tishomingo County highway
- Hamilton man killed in car accident
- Woman dies in early Saturday accident in Tishomingo County
- UPDATE: Missing teen found alive in Tishomingo County barn
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- Tishomingo man faces drug charge
- New Hope student killed in car accident laid to rest