TISHOMINGO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tishomingo residents are trying to rebuild following Tuesday's tornado.
Crews are working to assess the damage left behind, and restore power to the town.
Lots of damage can be seen along across the town, but one place with the most significant damage is the local Dollar General store.
No one was inside of the store at the time of the tornado; however, Teresa Hazelwood was trying to get inside of the store when she noticed the tornado.
Wednesday Morning Report - Tornado destroys Dollar General store in Tishomingo
The back window of her SUV is gone, but she sustained no injuries.
Mayor James Tennyson said there have been no injuries reported as a result of the tornado.
Crews were out Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning working to restore power. Tennyson asks residents not to wander through the town as crews are trying to clear roadways.
Tishomingo Emergency Management was to complete another damage assessment Wednesday morning.
- Tishomingo residents work to rebuild following tornado
- Tornado hits Tishomingo Tuesday afternoon
- Tishomingo residents to expect traffic delays
- Columbus church begins rebuilding after tornado
- Tornado debris seen in Lee, Tishomingo and Union counties
- Officials say they will rebuild tornado-damaged school
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- Tishomingo man faces drug charge
- Goat Island residents still recovering from tornado
- Residents affected by tornadoes can receive help