OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A University of Mississippi at Booneville student from Tishomingo County was recently selected to receive the university's top academic honor.
Hannah Day, a senior education major, was presented the Marcus Elvis Taylor Memorial Medal for the 2017-2018 academic year.
She was presented the award during the annual Honors Convocation on the Oxford campus.
Recipients must have at least a 3.90 grade-point average and recommendations from faculty members in their field.
Day graduated from Belmont High School in 2014.
- Tishomingo native awarded Ole Miss' top academic honor
- Ole Miss Engineering honors Tupelo native
- Local mothers receive Ole Miss' highest academic honor
- Amory native named Top 3 in Miss Teen USA competition
- UPDATE: Missing Belmont teen found in Tishomingo
- Ole Miss to honor late Miss America for $1.6M donation
- Ole Miss' Khayat receives Winter-Reed award for educational excellence
- Ole Miss' A.J. Brown named semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award
- Ole Miss student wins top scholarship for public policy work