IUKA, Miss. (WTVA) - The sheriff in Tishomingo County is warning county residents of an apparent phone scam.
Sheriff John Daugherty says citizens are being called by a scammer who is claiming a warrant is out for the victim’s arrest.
He says the scammer is using an actual phone number that is registered to the Tishomingo County Sheriff’s Office, 662-423-7000.
The sheriff is reminding citizens, and anyone affected by this scam, that the sheriff’s department does not contact people in this manner.
- Tishomingo County warns of phone scam
- AT&T warns of phone scam
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- Lafayette County warns of phone scam
- Lee County sheriff warns of phone scam
- Lee County residents warned about phone scam
- Tishomingo County sheriff issues scam warning to public
- Okolona Electric issues warning about phone scam
- U.S. Marshals warn of phone scam
- New Albany police warn of phone scams