TISHOMINGO COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The Jamie Whitten Lock has reopened after an oil spill earlier this month, according to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
There is a significant backlog of traffic.
The Corps urges mariners to use caution and call the lock operator service at 662-454-7977.
- Tishomingo County lock reopens after earlier oil spill
- Tenn-Tom Waterway still closed in Tishomingo County after oil spill
- 18-wheeler overturns in Guntown, spills oil
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- Damaged barge removed from Tenn-Tom Waterway lock in Tishomingo County
- Oil spills into Gulf of Mexico after underwater pipe bursts
- More oil than initially believed spilled off Louisiana coast
- Lawmakers again fail to make oil spill money spending plan
- Mower taken from Tishomingo County business
- State investigates Tishomingo County teacher termination