RIPLEY, Miss.(WTVA) - A convicted sex offender is being sought after he was supposed to turn himself into law enforcement.
District Attorney Ben Creekmore says Derric McDonald was convicted of exploitation of a child and sexual battery.
According to the Mississippi Sex Offender Registry, McDonald was convicted on February 12. He was expected to turn himself in afterward.
WTVA obtained court documents which state both charges involved a child born in 2003. The documents also say the incidents spanned over two years.
People in Ripley say they hope he's brought to justice soon.
"That's a long time for how small of an area this is," said Parker Davis, who lives in Ripley. "Whoever is helping him out should be ashamed of themselves."
"I honestly think he's just being a coward. He knows he messed up," added Owen Childs, who is from Ripley. "He just doesn't want to suffer the consequences from it."
- Tippah County sex offender wanted by state
- Body found in Tippah County
- Sex offender faces charge in Tishomingo County
- Convicted sex offender in custody
- Sex offender faces sex crimes in Lee County and Georgia
- Fatal ATV accident in Tippah County
- Starkville sex offender arrested in West Alabama
- Woman wanted in Lee County for failing to register as sex offender
- Tippah County crash claims the life of Pontotoc County man
- State expected to rest in Tippah Co. murder trial