COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - The famous Thunderbirds will not be performing at the upcoming Wings Over Columbus Air and Space Show, the Air Force announced Tuesday.
This cancelation is due to the recent death of pilot Major Stephen Del Bagno last week. He was killed when his aircraft crashed during a training mission at the Nevada Test and Training Range.
The Columbus event is scheduled for April 21-22 at the Columbus Air Force Base.
The show will continue as scheduled.
- Thunderbirds will not perform at CAFB
- UPDATE: Operations return to normal at CAFB
- CAFB workers injured while inspecting T-38C
- UPDATE: CAFB main gate reopens after safety concern
- CAFB civilian employees furloughed during federal government shutdown
- Air Force Thunderbirds resume flying after fatal crash
- UPDATE: Pilots released from hospital after military plane crash near CAFB
- MDE releases district performance grades for 2016-17 school year
- Man accused of performing sex acts in public
- J. Lo, Shakira to perform at Super Bowl halftime show