MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Three people were killed in a deadly accident in Monroe County Tuesday night.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol says the accident happened at approximately 8:38 p.m. on Highway 45 Alternate, just north of Highway 382.
Troopers say the collision involved two vehicles.
Master Sgt. Criss Turnipseed says one car was traveling north in the southbound lane. It collided with a southbound car.
Troopers say both vehicles caught fire as a result of the collision.
Turnipseed says there were two victims in the northbound vehicle and one victim in the southbound vehicle.
All three were pronounced dead at the scene by Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley.
The names of the victims have not been released at this time.
Gurley says the bodies are being transported to Pearl for possible dental examination and further investigation.
The accident remains under investigation.
What’s left after a fiery collision claimed the lives of three people last night. It happened on Highway Alternate 45 just north of Highway 382. Authorities tell us one of the cars was traveling the wrong way. I’m live at noon @wtva9news pic.twitter.com/zf3KicPxsO
— Rebecca Butcher (@RebeccaWTVA9) April 18, 2018
- Three killed in Monroe County collision
- Driver killed in Monroe Co. collision identifed
- Two receive injuries in Monroe County collision
- Clay County collision kills one
- Monroe County man injured in Alabama train collision
- UPDATE: Troopers ID one victim from Monroe County collision
- Fatal accident in Monroe County kills two
- Calhoun County collision kills ATV driver
- Pedestrian killed In Oktibbeha County collision
- Collision kills young man in Winston County