COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Three people received injuries due to a shooting incident that happened outside Cypress Park Apartments at 300 South Lehmberg Road, Police Chief Fred Shelton confirm.
Police were called to the scene around 2 a.m. with reports of residents hearing gunshots.
Two of the victims that were injured were in a car near the access gate of the complex when the shooting occurred. The third victim was inside one of the apartments when they were injured in the upper leg, according to Shelton.
The injured victims in the car drove themselves to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle for treatment.
One of the three persons injured was treated and released early Saturday morning.
No names of the victims have been released.
"This was not a random act," Shelton said, "We have reason to believe the suspects and the victims knew one another and may have followed the victims to the apartments before the event."
Columbus Police are still investigating this incident.
- Three injured in Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- Arrest made for Columbus shooting
- Columbus police investigates overnight shooting
- Columbus police investigate shooting report
- One injured, one arrested in Columbus stabbing
- Columbus city employee injured while cutting grass
- Columbus police officer injured in wreck
- Three injured in evening wreck in Columbus
- No one injured in Columbus house fire