MABEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Three people have been charged in connection to an Easter disturbance at a Maben church.
Oktibbeha County Investigator Brett Watson says Montez Howell, 20, attempted to remove a child from a Maben church Sunday morning.
Watson says Howell was with a woman, identified as Mittie Burdine, 34.
The church's members prevented Howell from removing the child. Watson says Howell and Burdine then left the church and caused another disruption at a private residence later that day.
The two were arrested Sunday by the Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Department. Howell was charged with trespassing and disrupting a church service. Burdine was charged with trespassing. Both bonded out.
The investigation led to the arrest of Christopher Mayes, 39. He's accused of misleading investigators during the case. He's charged with hindering prosecution and possession of a stolen firearm. Bond was set at $1,000.
Watson says the incident appears to have been a custody issue and expects these to be the final charges in the case.
- Three charged for Easter church disruption
- Storm-damaged church holds Easter service
- Ecru church hosts celebration to kickoff Easter weekend
- Aberdeen man charged with church burglary
- Thousands attend Tupelo Easter egg hunt
- Sri Lanka suspects international terror link to Easter Sunday atrocities
- Car slams into Pontotoc church
- Local church plans to close
- $2.9 million Tupelo church renovation
- Belden church fire under investigation