COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Columbus police say three people are behind bars after the burglary of a Columbus home.
Police say they received a call on January 3 of a burglary at 265 Pickensville Road. Once on the scene, officers spotted two people running from the home. Officers chased and captured a 16-year-old male on the scene.
(L-R): Petty, Neal | Photo: Lowndes County Jail
The other suspect, who was later identified as Rufus Lee Neal III, got into a silver vehicle driven by Karsean Petty, and fled the scene.
After a brief chase, the car stopped at 10th Street South and 11th Avenue South. There, Neal and Petty were both taken into custody.
Petty is charged with the burglary of a residence, directing a youth to commit a felony and felony failure to yield to blue lights.
Neal is charged with burglary of a residence and directing a youth to commit a felony.
Both were transported the Lowndes County Detention Center.
The juvenile was charged with burglary of a residence and transported.
- Arrests made in separate Columbus burglary cases
- Three arrested in Columbus for burglary
- Columbus man arrested for auto burglaries
- Columbus man arrested for home burglary
- Three teens arrested for home burglary in Columbus
- Columbus man accused of MUW robbery, burglaries
- Man charged with Columbus auto burglary
- Columbus police search for car burglary suspects
- Tupelo burglary suspects arrested
- Arrest made for Columbus shooting