OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - The Lafayette County School District notified law enforcement Tuesday of a written threat made to the school.
According to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Department, the anonymous threat was written on a bathroom stall, making threats for Thursday.
"There is no indication of when this threat was written and how long it has been on the wall at this time," the sheriff's office stated Tuesday evening.
The sheriff’s department contacted local and federal authorities and is investigating the incident.
There will be an increase in law enforcement presence over the next couple of days in and around the Lafayette County Schools as a precautionary measure.
Anyone with information can contact the Lafayette County Sheriff's Department at 662-234-6421.
- Threat made at Lafayette County School
- Arrests made for Tupelo school threats
- Arrest made for Shannon school threats
- Bomb threat made at Noxubee County High School
- Child charged after bomb threat made against Lowndes County schools
- Lafayette County Schools reported second 'low-level threat'
- Arrest made in New Hope school threat following investigation
- UPDATE: Arrest made following school threats in Amory, Tupelo
- Second arrest made in connection to threat made at Nettleton School
- Voters approve Lafayette County School District bond