TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A huge crowd turned out at the BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo Thursday night for the Taste of Tupelo, one of the Community Development Foundation's largest networking events of the year.
We're told this year's "Taste" maxed out at 1700 people, with a record number of booths - 108. It was a chance for members of the CDF to showcase their products, and for restaurants to showcase their menus. It was also a chance for everyone to have fun!
"The crowd is big," said vendor Zell Long. "When I drove up on the parking lot -- cars everywhere! And we're here to just let people know more about our restaurant Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe."
"I think it was really great," said attendee Robin Taylor. "This is my third time coming, so I really think it's a great place to come out."
"I really just like the locality, everybody coming together as a community," said attendee Daniele Nolan.
This was the 11th year for the Taste of Tupelo. It changed its format a few years ago, having everything on one night in three action-packed hours.
- Thousands get a Taste of Tupelo
- Taste of Tupelo rescheduled for Nov. 16
- Taste of Tupelo rescheduled to Nov. 16
- 13th annual Taste of Tupelo held on Thursday
- Thousands attend Tupelo Easter egg hunt
- Tupelo events bring in thousands this weekend
- Telethon raises thousands for Tupelo's Regional Rehab Center
- Fire damages Tupelo apartments
- MLK Day in Tupelo
- Tupelo farmers' depot opens