MERIDIAN, Miss. (AP) — A third woman faces felony charges in the death of a 5-year-old boy found in a garbage bag in a Mississippi basement.
The Meridian Star reports Alicia Thames was arrested this week on two counts of contributing to the neglect of a minor. Meridian Police Chief Benny Dubose says charges relate to the death of Jakie Toole and injuries to his sibling.
Thames owns the house where Toole's body was found. Police say Toole's mother, Teasia Warren, left the children in April with 35-year-old Celeste Louise Smith, who was living in the basement. Toole was reported missing in September.
Smith is charged with capital murder and child neglect. Warren is charged with contributing to delinquency of a minor.
Thames is free on bail. It's unclear if she has a lawyer.
- Third woman charged in death of 5-year-old
- UPDATE: Mooreville woman charged with murder in man's death
- Iuka man, Tennessee woman charged in death of her husband
- Sheriff: Father abandoned 5-year-old son in woods and fled
- Starkville woman faces felony charges
- Columbus woman charged for stabbing
- Lafayette woman charged with burglaries
- Oxford woman arrested for infant's death
- Report: Grenada police investigating death of woman