COLUMBUS, Miss (WTVA) - Baptist Golden Triangle hospital in Columbus provided more than 1,000 free flu shots Wednesday evening.
They put this event together to give back to the community and keep everyone healthy this flu season.
MUW nurses who were helping out said even though the flu shot does not guarantee you won't get sick, it is still worth a shot to get it.
"A lot of people can get skeptical of the flu shot. They think that if they get it, they are going to get sick," Taylor Morrison explained. "But the vaccine that you are getting is not an active virus, so you're not going to get sick. It will just help prevent you from not getting the virus."
- Baptist Golden Triangle hospital provides free flu shots
- More than 500 attend Golden Triangle Employment Expo
- Golden Triangle Regional Airport hosts TSA Precheck enrollment
- Golden Triangle men face drug charges in Monroe County
- UPDATE: South Carolina man charged after Golden Triangle chase
- Driver sought after chase involving law enforcement in Golden Triangle
- Golden Triangle Kennel Club holds annual dog show
- Surveillance photos released from Golden Triangle Dollar General robberies
- Baptist, NMHS revealed as bidders for Oktibbeha County hospital
- Baptist talks to Starkville residents about vision for hospital