TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - United blood services is asking for help to "ham up" the blood supply this holdiay season.
They say people tend to postpone blood donations due to being busy during the holdiays, but the need for blood is still there.
In their upcoming blood drive, the first 50 donors each day will receive one voucher for a ham or turkey from Todd's Big Star. Donors will also receive a t-shirt while supplies last.
You can donate blood this week at United Blood Services in Tupelo on Eason Blvd at the following times:
Monday, November 20: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, November 21: 10:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, November 22: 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Volunteer blood donors must be at least 16 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds and be in good health. Additional height/weight requirements apply to donors 22 and younger, and donors who are 16 and 17 must have signed permission from a parent or guardian.
- Thanksgiving Blood Drive
- Aberdeen ROTC holds blood drive to bring awareness to sickle cell patients
- Thanksgiving Day Fast Facts
- Vitalant in need of blood donations
- Natchez Trace Parkway Thanksgiving Closures
- Tupelo Police investigate Thanksgiving shooting
- Okolona church holds Thanksgiving feeding
- Blood donors receive voucher for turkey or ham
- Cold weather and flu outbreak lead to major blood shortage
- Lee County in "critical need" of O-negative blood donors