TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - United blood services is asking for help to "ham up" the blood supply this holdiay season.
They say people tend to postpone blood donations due to being busy during the holdiays, but the need for blood is still there.
In their upcoming blood drive, the first 50 donors each day will receive one voucher for a ham or turkey from Todd's Big Star. Donors will also receive a t-shirt while supplies last.
You can donate blood this week at United Blood Services in Tupelo on Eason Blvd at the following times:
Monday, November 20: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, November 21: 10:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, November 22: 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Volunteer blood donors must be at least 16 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds and be in good health. Additional height/weight requirements apply to donors 22 and younger, and donors who are 16 and 17 must have signed permission from a parent or guardian.
- Thanksgiving Blood Drive
- Thanksgiving Day Fast Facts
- Natchez Trace Parkway Thanksgiving Closures
- Tupelo Police investigate Thanksgiving shooting
- Mayor holds annual Thanksgiving lunch for seniors
- MHP's Thanksgiving holiday enforcement period begins Wednesday
- Okolona shooting marks third since Thanksgiving
- Salvation Army volunteers prep for Thanksgiving feast
- Local church offers free Thanksgiving meal
- West Point police serve community Thanksgiving dinner