Photo Gallery 1 Images
OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - The University of Mississippi honored former U.S. Senator Thad Cochran's impact on the university, the state and the nation on Sunday.
The UM School of Law hosted an event to raise funds to support the Thad Cochran endowment. It will provide scholarship opportunities for law students.
The Dean of the School of Law Susan Duncan was amazed by the influence of Cochran at the university when she began working.
"We are thrilled to do this for him," Duncan said. "It is just a small token of how much we all appreciate him in this state."
- Former Senator Thad Cochran honored at the University of Mississippi
- Sen. Thad Cochran grappling with illness
- U.S. Senator Thad Cochran to resign April 1
- Phil Bryant not interested in Thad Cochran's senate seat
- Gov. Bryant looks to soon fill Sen. Thad Cochran's seat
- Gov. Bryant appoints Cindy Hyde-Smith to succeed Thad Cochran
- Cochran's illness shows risks to GOP leaders of aging Senate
- REPORT: Cochran could resign soon from U.S. Senate
- McDaniel to run for Cochran's U.S. Senate seat, not Wicker's
- Sen. Cochran returns to Washington after illness