CORINTH, Miss. (WTVA) - Alcorn County sheriff’s deputies located and arrested two Tennessee fugitives.
According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI), police in Paris, Tennessee, wanted Rodney Wilson for attempted second-degree murder, unlawful possession of a weapon and three counts of reckless endangerment.
TBI also said Wilson was believed to be traveling with Shelby Potts.
Paris Police wanted her on a related count of accessory after the fact.
Alcorn County Sheriff Ben Caldwell said deputies received a report on Thursday that Wilson and Potts were possibly in the north Mississippi county.
The sheriff said deputies received a report early Friday morning that the two fugitives were in the industrial park area off South Fulton Drive.
The deputies responded and arrested Wilson and Potts.
UPDATE: Thanks to so many of you for spreading the word about #MostWanted Fugitive Rodney Wilson, he's now in custody. He and Shelby Potts were arrested early this morning in Corinth, MS. Thank you for your help! pic.twitter.com/EJI2CDdmya
— Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (@TBInvestigation) October 11, 2019
Wilson, 24, and Potts, 20, both of Paris, Tennessee, were taken to the Alcorn County jail to await the return to authorities in Tennessee.
Paris, Tennessee, is located near the Kentucky state line
- Tennessee fugitives arrested in Alcorn County
- An Alcorn County fugitive returns to Mississippi
- UPDATE: Union County fugitives captured in Tennessee
- UPDATE: Tennessee fugitive captured in south Alabama
- Fugitive wanted in murders captured in Tennessee
- Former Alcorn County clerk arrested for embezzlement
- Arrests made for Alcorn County thefts
- Arrest made for Alcorn County home burglary
- UPDATE: Alcorn County deputies arrest escaped inmate
- Noxubee County fugitive arrested in Memphis