TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo Police say three teens burglarized at least 5 homes in the Joyner community. They say that number could go up as the investigation continues.
"I guess it's just some kids that got caught up with the wrong crowd, and maybe got pressured into something like that, said Aaron Hildenbrand," who lives in the Joyner Street area. "But, I'm sure they regret it now."
On Friday, December 15, 2017 Tupelo Police were dispatched to the area for a residential burglary report. Reports of burglaries were taken from homes on Lee Street, Callaway Street, Joyner Avenue, West Jackson Street and Hamilin Avenue.
"They don’t understand it’s very violating, when people break into your house, break windows, make a mess of your things and belongings," added Roxie Clayton, another resident of the Joyner community. "It kind of strips you of the security you have."
Several stolen items were recovered by Tupelo Police.
The case will be adjudicated through Lee County Youth Court.
- Teens burglarize homes in Tupelo neighborhood
- Tupelo business burglarized again Thursday
- Auto burglar wanted in Tupelo
- Tupelo police seek ID of restaurant burglar
- Help sought in identifying Tupelo burglar
- Tupelo police seek Thai restaurant burglar
- Tupelo PD seek help locating burglars
- Tupelo police seek to ID auto burglar
- Police look to ID Tupelo burglars
- Tupelo police seek to ID morning burglar