TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Deputies arrested a 14-year-old in connection to a reported threat to schools in the Lee County area.
According to the Lee County Sheriff’s Department, authorities were made aware of a social media threat posted Wednesday.
The threat did not mention any specific school or person, the sheriff’s department stated.
Investigators determined the person responsible for the social media post was in Lee County.
They believe this is an isolated incident.
- Teenager arrested following school threat in Lee County
- Lee County crash claims life of Saltillo teenager
- Lee County Sheriff: Help needed locating two teenagers
- Teenager arrested for Starkville shooting
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Lee County shooting
- UPDATE: Lee County chase ends in arrest
- Law enforcement in Chickasaw, Lee counties investigate social media threat
- Lee County Schools offer reduced lunches
- Soft lockdown of Lee County schools lifted
- Arrest made for Shannon school threats