CARROLL COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - An 18-year-old man is accused of murdering a 9-month-old infant in Carroll County.
On November 14, emergency responders followed a report of an unresponsive child at 2824 County Road 149.
Sawyer Jerrell Holston | Photo: Carroll County Sheriff's Dept.
The child was then transported to Greenwood Leflore Hospital in Greenwood.
Carroll County Sheriff Clint Walker says the child, identified as Sawyer Jerrell Holston, was pronounced dead that evening.
The autopsy indicated the child’s cause of death to be homicide.
On November 16, law enforcement identified the suspect as Tervonte Devon Alexander of Coila. He was arrested and charged with murder.
He is the boyfriend of the child's mother.
No bond was set during Alexander’s initial court hearing.
- Teen arrested for murder of infant in Carroll County
- Man arrested, charged with infant's death in Itawamba County
- Oxford woman arrested for infant's death
- Infant death reported in Choctaw County
- Attempted murder arrest made in Calhoun County
- Man accused of abusing infant in Pontotoc County
- Three teens charged in Baldwyn murder
- Dam breaches sending water from lake in Carroll County
- Man charged with stealing bulldozer in Carroll County
- Teen arrested on multiple burglary charges in Oktibbeha County