Update 11/08/18 3:01 p.m.
Cook is accused of touching a student on the leg and thigh, and another student on the breast.
Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards says the alleged incidents did occur at Myrtle Attendance Center.
The sheriff says both victims had similar accounts of what allegedly happened.
Cook has since bonded out of jail.
See the original post below.
NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) -- A former Myrtle High School teacher and coach has waived a probable cause hearing and faces three counts of touching a child for lustful purposes.
Court records obtained by WTVA 9 News show Marty Alan Cook signed the order waiving the hearing on Wednesday.
Affidavits filed against him in Union County Circuit Court say the victims are under 18 years of age.
Union County school officials notified the sheriff's department about the allegations on October 31.
Interviews were conducted with the students and Cook.
WTVA 9 News will have more on this story as it becomes available later today.
- Myrtle teacher waives probable cause hearing
- UPDATE: Former Lafayette teacher arrested after waiving probable cause hearing
- Probable cause hearing scheduled for former Myrtle teacher
- Probable cause hearing for Tupelo teacher delayed
- UPDATE: No June probable cause hearing expected for former Lafayette teacher
- Chop shop in Myrtle shut down
- Troopers: 18-wheeler goes off road near Myrtle
- Town of Myrtle issues boil water alert
- Myrtle man recovering after dog attack
- Crash delays I-22 traffic near Myrtle