JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Republican gubernatorial candidate Tate Reeves has a slight lead over his opponent Democrat Jim Hood in the October 2019 Mason-Dixon Poll.
Statewide, 46 percent of likely voters support Reeves, according to the poll. The poll shows 43 percent support Hood.
According to the poll’s regional data, Reeves has a higher percentage of votes in northern and southern Mississippi and the Gulf Coast.
Hood has higher percentages in the Delta, eastern Mississippi and the Jackson metro.
“In this close race, President Donald Trump could be the deciding factor,” reads the poll.
According to the poll, the president remains popular in the state and a significant majority of state voters oppose impeachment.
The president is scheduled to hold a campaign rally a few days before the election on Nov. 1 in Tupelo. Reeves is expected to attend the rally.
The general election will take place on Tuesday, Nov. 5.
This Mason-Dixon Poll was conducted from Oct. 17 through Oct. 19.
- Poll shows close race between Jim Hood and Tate Reeves
- Hood leads Reeves in poll for 2019 governor's race
- DECISION 2019 PROFILE: Tate Reeves
- Hood investigates road project near Reeves' subdivision
- Hood, Reeves preview possible Mississippi governor's race
- Hood: Reeves improperly pushed frontage road project
- Hood, Reeves deliberate over debate options
- Jim Hood hosts campaign rally in Tupelo
- Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves signals deal likely on road money