KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WTVA) – The Tennessee Valley Authority says it saw an extremely high amount of power demand Thursday morning due to the extremely cold temperatures.
Thursday morning marked the authority’s second highest peak power demand ever during the period between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
It says the approximate wattage was 26,655 megawatts at 8 a.m. CT.
The record for the time between Christmas and January 1st is 28,391 MW on Dec. 28, 2010.
- TVA: Thursday's peak power demand was second highest ever between Christmas and New Year's
- TVA asks consumers to reduce power use
- COLD WEATHER IMPACT: TVA asks customers to use less power
- TVA reports strong financials for Fiscal Year 2017
- President FDR signs TVA Act 85 years ago
- Group wants probe of TVA's jets, luxury helicopter
- TVA says increased review due to increase in electricity usage
- Mississippi fourth highest rate of gun deaths
- Tupelo Christmas parade: 'A Community Christmas'
- Infant mortality rate in Alabama highest since 2008