TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) — Road work has shut down one of the exits off of Highway 45 onto Interstate 22.
Drivers are not being allowed to take the westbound I-22 exit from northbound Highway 45 in Tupelo.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation says the closure is necessary as part of overlay work on the interstate.
Until 5:30 a.m. Friday, drivers on the highway wanting westbound access to the interstate will be forced to take the Barnes Crossing Road exit.
From there, drivers will head south on Highway 45 to access westbound I-22.
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Northbound Hwy. 45 exit to westbound I-22 closed
- Crash delays I-22 traffic near Myrtle
- I-22 wreck impacts traffic, Injuries reported
- I-22 reopens after wreck
- TRAFFIC ALERT: U-Haul fire causes delays on I-22 near Fulton
- UPDATE: I-22 traffic moving again near Tremont after wreck
- I-22 wreck injures two motorcyclists
- Two 18-wheelers collide on I-22
- No injuries after 18-wheeler runs off I-22
- UPDATE: All lanes clear after I-22 spill