TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo schools looked to Mississippi State University to find its new director of communications for the district.
The school district announced that Gregg Ellis will assume the position for the 2018-2019 school year.
He comes to TPSD after spending the previous 10 years as the Associate Director of Athletic Media Relations at MSU where he was responsible for the day-to-day media operations of the men's basketball team and both the men's and women's track and field squads.
The district says Ellis looks to celebrate the schools' teachers, students and athletic programs.
"Dr. Picou's vision is exciting, captivating and forward thinking, and it was the deciding factor in leaving what I consider one of the best jobs in collegiate athletics," Ellis stated. "Both of my kids are products of the Tupelo Public School District. My wife has taught here for 14-plus years. I know personally what a phenomenal district Tupelo has, and I look forward to sharing the stories as to what makes our school district so special through the eyes of all the dedicated principals, teachers and students."
- TPSD names Ellis new director of communications for district
- Rob Picou named new TPSD school superintendent
- Former TPSD Sup. Michael Vinson dies
- TPSD to start interviewing superintendent candidates soon
- TPSD using survey to help with superintendent search
- Tupelo holds 'State of the City' forum alongside TPSD
- Nunez named director of HIM at NMMC
- Reeves, transport director differ over highway communication
- Nettleton School District names new school superintendent
- SOCSD names Trussell as new director of athletics