Editor's Note: This article has been updated with the latest information provided.
JASPER COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The body of a Tennessee murder suspect has been found dead in Jasper County.
Casey James Lawhorn
On Monday sometime near 10:22 a.m., the Jasper County Sheriff's Department confirmed the body of Casey Lawhorn was found dead in Vossburg. It appears to be from a self-inflicted gunshot.
Mississippi Bureau of Investigation Spokesman Warren Strain said the body was found about 100 yards from Lawhorn's abandoned car at 118 mile marker of Interstate 59.
His vehicle was found Sunday, but Lawhorn was not found inside the vehicle.
He was wanted for a double-homicide in Tennessee.
Local media in Tennessee said Lawhorn admitted to shooting and killing his mother and close friend Sunday morning in a Facebook post.
- UPDATE: Tennessee murder suspect found dead
- Missing Tennessee man found dead near Grenada
- Murder suspect found dead in Chickasaw County jail
- 4 dead in Waffle House shooting in Tennessee; suspect sought
- Report: South Mississippi shooting suspect found dead
- Itawamba County murder suspect found guilty
- UPDATE: Woman found dead in Union County
- Suspect's body found in Tennessee River days after car chase
- UPDATE: Dead Oxford robbery suspect ID'd
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect bonds out