TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo High School student Jett Johnson has been named April's Youth of the Month for the National Association of Police Athletic/Activities Leagues, Inc. (National PAL).
The organization routinely names its law enforcement officer, volunteer and youth for each month. The organization says Johnson has been a part of PAL since 2011 and is a critical part of the Tupelo branch.
"We are so proud of this honor for Jett," said Lt. Michael Russell, Executive Director of Tupelo Police Department PAL. "To say Jett serves as a strong advocate to PAL is an understatement. The level of humility shown by this young man is exceptional. Giving back to PAL is a constant in his life. Even his THS senior project involved a fundraiser at PAL that allowed our travel basketball teams to compete in area tournaments and the second phase was doing landscaping to increase the curb appeal of our PAL facility.”
Johnson will play football at Mississippi State University next year following his time at Tupelo High School.
- THS's Johnson honored for commitment to Tupelo Police Athletic League
- THS athlete recovering following fatal car wreck
- Special Olympic athletes honored in Lee County
- Ole Miss Engineering honors Tupelo native
- Tupelo honors fallen patriots on Memorial Day
- Tupelo athlete selected to compete in Special Olympics USA Games
- Tupelo police respond to shooting
- Tupelo police detective passes away
- Police: Man stabbed in Tupelo
- Tupelo police investigating Sunday crash