BELDEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Several schools are closed Friday due to illness.
Tupelo Christian Preparatory School is not having classes Friday due to flu-like symptoms.
Headmaster Ronnie Hill said approximately 20 percent of elementary students missed school Thursday due to flu-like symptoms.
He said the school wants to take time Friday to wipe down and disinfect the school.
Classes are expected to resume on Monday.
At least one other school is having a similar issue.
According to the South Tippah School District's website, all schools will be closed Friday due to illness in the schools.
The North Tippah School District posted to its Facebook page stating it will be closed Friday, too. However, the district did not specify the reason.
- UPDATE: Local schools closed Friday due to illness
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Louisville middle school illness
- Some Noxubee schools to close due to financial reasons
- UPDATE: Sprinkler malfunction closes Okolona schools
- Illness causes Columbus Christian Academy to temporarily close
- Local church plans to close
- Local Sears Hometown stores closing
- UPDATE: Aberdeen school district dismisses early due to gas leak at high school
- MHP-Starkville to briefly halt gun permit operations due to illness