SALTILLO, Miss. (WTVA) - The City of Saltillo’s switch to surface water is underway.
Mayor Rex Smith said the switch from well water to surface water, or river water, is happening right now.
The city and many of its residents have been living with brown water for some time.
Smith and other city leaders spent Monday making sure all new valves and water lines are ready to begin flowing the new water.
Alderman Copey Grantham said the new change is best for the city.
Officials discovered that the switch to surface water would be cheaper than building new wells, he said.
Saltillo residents can expect the switch to be completed by Tuesday morning.
- Switch to surface water in Saltillo expected to be completed Tuesday
- UPDATE: Saltillo water switch under consideration
- Saltillo close to switching from well water to river water
- Saltillo Board of Aldermen vote to switch to river water
- Saltillo residents may see increase in water rate after switch
- Saltillo residents want relief from brown water
- Public hearing scheduled to talk Saltillo water
- MSDH: Saltillo lifts boil water alert
- Former Saltillo banker indicted
- UPDATE: PSC to convene public hearing regarding Saltillo water