We have a correction concerning the story below that said law enforcement in Lowndes County arrested a man described as a murder suspect wanted in Alabama.
At the time, that's what law enforcement told us.
Since then, we've learned from the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department that deputies eventually determined Kimmy Cutrer of Caledonia was not involved with a murder and was not arrested for any crime the night he was pulled over.
The original story is below.
COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A state trooper arrested a man on the south side of Columbus wanted for a murder in Alabama.
Law enforcement said Kimmy Cutrer of Caledonia was stopped Saturday night on Lake Norris Road and taken into custody before 10:30 p.m.
There is no initial word on how Cutrer may be connected to a homicide.
However, an alert was sent to law enforcement earlier in the day asking officers to look for a blue Chevrolet Tahoe, which the suspect was believed to be driving.
- CORRECTION: Caledonia man not arrested
- Caledonia student arrested for gun possession
- Caledonia student arrested for shooting threat
- Investigator: Caledonia man fires shot toward church
- Florida woman charged for Caledonia auto burglary
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Caledonia student
- Monroe Coroner: Caledonia man died from multiple gunshot wounds
- Caledonia student claims suspension for national anthem, school says otherwise
- Caledonia residents react to deputy town marshal resignation
- Caledonia aldermen move forward with soccer complex improvements