PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - A woman pleaded guilty Tuesday morning in Pontotoc County to manslaughter.
Krysta Chewe appeared in Circuit Court where a judge sentenced her to 20 years in prison in connection to the 2016 shooting death of Justin Judon, 33.
Judon’s body was found on Feb. 16, 2016, on Owen Bend Road.
Assistant District Attorney Sadie Gardner said the sentencing by Judge John White was ultimately a compromise with the victim’s family.
Chewe could get an extra ten years for any bad behavior. This is because she has a criminal history, Gardner said.
- Suspect in 2016 shooting death pleads guilty to manslaughter in Pontotoc
- Pontotoc woman pleads guilty in fraud case
- Man pleads guilty in 2016 Columbus murder
- Eupora shooting suspect plans to plead guilty
- Manslaughter suspect's court date moved
- Pontotoc County shooting suspect is in custody
- Man sentenced to 30 years for 2016 armed robbery, manslaughter
- Former juvenile officer pleads guilty in 2016 beating
- Pippins, Barker plead not guilty in 2016 death of MSU student
- Man pleads to 2016 stabbing death of Mississippi educator