UPDATED 03/31/18 at 11:45 a.m. to include details from a Lee County Sheriff's Department post on Facebook.
UPDATED ARTICLE 03/31/18 at 10:07 a.m.
SALTILLO, Miss. (WTVA) - A high speed chase with law enforcement along Birmingham Ridge Road ended fatally after a one-vehicle crash Friday night.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson confirms deputies were involved in the chase.
Master Sergeant Ray Hall says troopers responded to the scene, near County Road 395, around 10 p.m.
When they arrived, it appeared Elvin Farrar, 25, attempted to flee from local law enforcement when he lost control of his 2009 Toyota Yaris. His vehicle left the roadway and overturned before striking some trees and a house.
According to a post on the Lee County Sheriff's Department's page on Facebook, a deputy attempted to pull over Farrar, who was speeding and proceeded to run a red light at the intersection of Highway 145 and Wesson Ballpark Road.
That same post stated Farrar's vehicle traveled an estimated 70 ft. through the air from the time he left the road until it hit a magnolia tree.
Hall says Farrar was ejected from his vehicle, then died on the scene.
Those inside the house were not injured.
It is unclear why Farrar lead sheriff deputies on a high speed chase.
SALTILLO, Miss. (WTVA) - Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson confirms Lee County sheriff's deputies were involved in a chase where the suspect crashed.
An eyewitness tells WTVA it happened along Birmingham Ridge Road and ended near County Road 395.
Mississippi Highway Patrol Master Sergeant Ray Hall confirms there was a fatality.
Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green confirms she was called to the scene around 10 p.m. Friday night.
Sheriff Johnson and Master Sgt. Hall plan to release statements sometime on Saturday.
- Suspect crashes during Lee County pursuit
- Person in custody after pursuit in Lee County
- Lee County sheriff's deputies capture murder suspect
- MHP identifies Lee County chase suspect
- Two Lee County embezzlement suspects in custody
- Car crashes into Lee County mobile home
- Sheriff: Motorcyclist dies after crash, pursuit
- Drug arrest made following Clay County pursuit
- UPDATE: Second drug suspect arrested in Lee County
- Lee County homeowner holds burglary suspect for law enforcement