NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - A sea of women dressed in all shades of pink, doing their part in the fight against breast cancer, gathered at a luncheon to celebrate survivors and raise awareness.
Attended by approximately 150 people, mostly women, the luncheon was held Wednesday at the Hillcrest Baptist Church fellowship hall in New Albany.
The event was sponsored by Baptist Memorial-Union County.
Keynote speaker Dr. Justin Lohmeier, a radiologist with Baptist Memorial-Union County, provided a comprehensive presentation about breast cancer in women, including advancements in surgical techniques and treatment.
Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women, regardless of race or ethnicity, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Luncheon provides information about breast cancer
- Race raises money for breast cancer programs
- IMA-Tupelo hosts event aimed at breast cancer prevention
- Sheriff's department hosts senior citizens for luncheon
- Hundreds turn out for Empty Bowl luncheon
- Ticket information for rally
- Scientists make 'exciting' advancement in certain breast cancer drugs
- Ward 4 luncheon celebrates first responders in Columbus
- MSDH says patient information accidentally shared