OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - The entire Okolona School District was closed Thursday due to a "major water leak," said Superintendent Dexter Green.
He was alerted Thursday morning of a sprinkler system malfunction at the elementary school.
The water leaked throughout the building. He said the cafeteria is unusable because of this.
Why close the entire school district?
Green said he wanted the smaller elementary students to have any older siblings home with them.
Classes are expected to resume on Friday.
- UPDATE: Sprinkler malfunction closes Okolona schools
- Okolona school superintendent to retire
- UPDATE: Okolona shooting victim listed as stable
- UPDATE: Missing Okolona woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Okolona teen found safe
- Rat infestation dealt with at Okolona school
- Parents fight at Okolona High School
- Okolona bridge still under construction
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- UPDATE: Okolona woman killed after colliding with crane on highway