Update 11:12 a.m.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell reports all is clear, no gun found.
See the original post below.
ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - The Aberdeen School District confirms one of its schools is on a precautionary lockdown.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says his department is actively searching the campus of Belle Shivers School after a person heard a student scream that someone had a pistol.
Aberdeen School District Superintendent Jeff Clay says this happened while the students were changing classes.
"Our primary goal is to keep our students and staff safe," the district announced.
A gun has not been found at this time.
- UPDATE: All clear given at Aberdeen school following lockdown
- Brief lockdown lifted at Aberdeen school
- UPDATE: MDOC lockdown lifted
- UPDATE: Aberdeen police investigating school threat
- UPDATE: Soft lockdown lifted at Mooreville school
- UPDATE: Missing Aberdeen woman found
- UPDATE: Aberdeen checkpoint leads to gunfire
- UPDATE: Man in custody for Aberdeen shooting
- UPDATE: Aberdeen expects water results back Friday
- UPDATE: Aberdeen boil water notice lifted