SULLIGENT, Ala. (WTVA) - Sumiton, Alabama, police have captured a Sulligent, Alabama, bank robbery suspect.
Sulligent Police Chief Rick McDaniel identifies the suspect as Johnny Lynn Cordell, 51.
McDaniel says Cordell was taken into custody Friday morning by Sumiton police.
The bank robbery happened shortly before noon on Thursday at the First National Bank in Sulligent.
Previous Article - Sulligent police investigate bank robbery
Sulligent police later released a surveillance image of the suspect.
McDaniel says Cordell was identified from the image, and warrants were issued for his arrest.
Cordell faces the following charges in Sulligent.
- Theft – 1st degree
- Robbery – 3rd degree
- Burglary – 3rd degree
McDaniel says Cordell will be held in the Lamar County, Alabama, jail without a bond.
McDaniel thanked surrounding law enforcement agencies and the Sumiton Police Department for their diligent work.
Sumiton is approximately 21 miles northwest of Birmingham.
- Sulligent, Alabama, bank robbery suspect is in custody
- Sulligent, Alabama, police searching for bank robber
- Sulligent police charge woman with attempted murder
- Bank robbery suspect faces weapons charges
- Tupelo Police release photo of bank robbery suspect
- Columbus-based bank to acquire Alabama bank
- Alabama prison guard in custody
- MSU stabbing suspect in custody
- Oxford shooting suspect in custody
- Indictment made in Yalobusha County bank robbery