STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) -- Mississippi State University says it is assisting students affected by a fire in Oak Hall Sunday night.
A university news release says the fire was reported around 9:55 p.m. on the third floor of the building.
They say the fire was confined to one room, but other rooms suffered water damage when the fire suppression system activated.
School officials say 60 students met with the university's president Dr. Mark Keenum last night.
They have been provided temporary housing, including some staying at a local hotel.
As for the cause of the fire, school officials say it looks like an electrical fire sparked bed linens in the room.
The fire remains under investigation.
- Students provided temporary housing following dorm fire
- Storm victims can start applying for temporary housing assistance
- MUW reopens dorm that had carbon monoxide issue
- Water leak repair causes temporary road closure
- Oxford Middle School placed on temporary lockdown
- Tupelo drivers expect temporary road closure
- Flowers asks for temporary release from prison
- Temporary road closure to take place Tuesday
- Sheriff lifts temporary ban on visitation of female prisoners