NEW SITE, Miss. (WTVA) - Multiple students went to the hospital following an eight-vehicle wreck in Prentiss County.
The collisions happened Monday morning near the entrance to New Site School.
“A lady was laying actually on the ground there," shared Rep. Tracy Arnold (R), who was scheduled to speak with students the same day.
"People were around her and we had a word of pray for her," Arnold said.
According to the Mississippi Highway Patrol, the drivers were all students. Master Sgt. Ray Hall says six cars were involved in the first collision and two in the second.
The vehicles ended up running into one another while slowing down to turn into the school parking lot.
Four students went to the hospital.
A resident told WTVA, crashes around the school at the start of the semester are not uncommon.
“It’s the first of school, you have an accident, sometimes a bus is even involved. Nobody’s used to that many people being on the road at that time.”
All students have been released from medical care.
- Students injured in New Site collision involving 8 cars
- Pedestrian injured in morning collision
- Tupelo police officer involved in afternoon collision
- Collision injures one in Chickasaw County
- Two seriously injured in Winston County collision
- Lowndes County collision injures two people
- Insurer releases rankings for deer-car collisions
- No students hurt in Grenada bus collision
- UPDATE: Co-Lin football team bus involved in collision
- UPDATE: Troopers ID those involved in fatal Lowndes collision