NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - The New Albany School District says students were never in danger after a student brought a BB gun to school and posted it on social media.
In a statement issued by New Albany School District Superintendent Lance Evans, the incident happened this morning, December 3.
He says this was a middle school student.
“This action was handled quickly and all precautionary safety measures were taken,” he stated.
You can read the full statement below.
— New Albany Schools (@naschoolupdates) December 3, 2018
- Student brings BB gun to New Albany school
- Aberdeen student accused of bringing gun to school
- New Albany students 'Move to Learn'
- New Albany school bond issue passes
- Nurses bring prom to Shannon student
- UPDATE: Suspect in custody in New Albany school threat
- New Albany schools resume normal operation after brief lockdown
- New Albany School District adds strobe lights for bus safety
- Caledonia student arrested for gun possession
- New Albany school officials seek school district upgrades in upcoming bond vote