WASHINGTON COUNTY, MS. -- (WTVA) Strong storms strike Mississippi overnight leading to one weather-related death in the Delta.
Washington County Coroner Methel Johnson says 19-year-old Jackson Saulter died after a tree fell onto his house.
Johnson said 911 calls came into the Washington County sheriff's office around 11:00 p.m. Wednesday night.
She said first responders along with firefighters raced to the 700 block of County Line Road which is on the Bolivar/Washington county line.
They tried to cut down tree limbs and remove debris to get to Saulter who was in the livingroom but they could not save him.
- Storm related death in the Mississippi Delta
- Lee County sees first cold-related death
- Second tornado-related death confirmed in Columbus
- Coroner: Winston County death deemed heat-related
- Elvis' Graceland launches day tours to Tupelo and Mississippi Delta
- Former judge dies in ATV accident in Mississippi Delta
- UPDATE: Preliminary autopsy results back for toddler's death in Delta
- Death of Monroe County woman may be vaping-related
- Mississippi fourth highest rate of gun deaths
- REPORT: State examines child deaths in Mississippi